List of fixes
A bold A indicates that the error appears in the appendix of
the final exam.
- A Pigeonhole principle: n and k were switched in the
statement of the generalised pigeonhole principle.
- Inclusion-exclusion principle: Page 2, the second line after
"Now," had signs reversed for two of the terms.
- Assignment 4 solutions: In question 4, the equal signs were not
- Assignment 5 solutions: In question 2d), 36 should be 39.
- Notes on combinations with repetitions: n+k-1
choose n=n+k-1 choose k-1 should be n+k-1
choose n-1=n+k-1 choose k. The appendix already
contained the correct formula.